Student Storage UK
With over 15 years in the self-storage industry, we have helped numerous students to store their possessions during the summer, winter and spring holidays. We’ve used all of that experience to create the Space & Time five step guide to a seamless student storage experience, wherever in the UK you are studying.
Step 1: Booking
Our booking process couldn’t be any simpler. We have made our booking system accessible by any device so whether you are on a laptop, taking a break from an assignment, or walking from your halls down to the city centre with only your iPhone, iPad or Android device to hand, you can get your storage sorted.
You should find each step of the booking system self-explanatory but an important part of the form is deciding on a date for delivery of your boxes and packing supplies and the date when we come and collect the boxes. You should, of course, leave a suitable gap between the two dates!
We provide student storage for students anywhere on the UK mainland so don’t worry which university you are at: we’ve got it covered.
Step 2: Packing
Once you’ve received the boxes and packing supplies (we recommend ordering both tape and bubble wrap all, your biggest task begins: packing.
You will find that most of your belongings will fit in our boxes but here is some general advice for packing those things that don’t:
- Wrap securely with bubble wrap and secure with tape. Weights of 15kg or less can go in boxes but spread them across different boxes.
- Remove and wrap the bulbs in bubble wrap before placing them in a box. The stand can then be wrapped separately.
- Secure the gear cassette and loosen the handlebars. Wrap in bubblewrap.
- Guitars, trumpets, cellos, etc. Use a case where possible. If not, wrap securely in bubble wrap and secure with tape.
- Furniture, sports equipment and any other large item should be wrapped with bubble wrap and secured with tape and/or shrink wrap.
- We are happy to take these as long as they are 25kg or less in weight and labelled with your name and full address.
We are happy for you to cut costs further by using your own boxes but these must be sturdy enough for the job and there is a maximum weight limit of 25kg per box.
Step 3: Collection
We will arrive at the time specified in your booking form. Please make sure everything is ready and on the ground floor (or call us to arrange a room pick-up for a small additional fee). Our driver will load up for you.
From the moment your items are in our van until the time we return them to you, they are insured,
Step 4: Store
Wherever you are studying in the UK, we will take your goods to our nearest storage facility. They will be kept safely under lock and key with 24 hour CCTV and monitored alarm protection.
Every item we store is entered individually into a database. If you need to locate anything we can find it within minutes.
Step 5: Ship or Deliver
When the time comes to return your items to you, we will retrieve and deliver them back to your house or halls. If you need them to be shipped home or to another location, we can arrange shipping to almost any city in the world. If you need your belongings transferred to a different city in the UK, our network of drivers can ensure that happens too.