Locations and Space & Time Saving Tips
Here at SPACE & time Mobile-Self-Storage we are proud to offer to students studying at the City of London University revolutionary services for packing and storing their belongings. Whether moving away or just for the holidays we provide smart and convenient packaging and storing solutions.
To help you move in, we created a list of tips as well as a list of accommodation options for City London Students.
When it is finally time to move in, make sure you remember the following.
- Ensure timely arrival
It is important to arrive to your hall of residence on the agreed date. If you arrive in London early you will not be permitted to move into your room before the date of the contract. In this case you would need to arrange for temporary private accommodation, which can be difficult to find and expensive.
Arriving late is also not advisable as you run the risk of losing your place. You need to advise the hall of residence of the delay in order to ensure the room is not offered to someone else. Also be aware that you are liable for the rent from the date in the contract and not the date of the actual arrival.
- Key collection
The keys for the rooms are usually available at the hall reception from 12.00 noon onwards. You need to report there and collect them.
- Accommodation necessities
You need to bring a lot of necessities for personal use which are not provided by the halls. These include bath towels, tea towels, cutlery, crockery, pans and kitchen utensils and bed linen. Having those delivered to you in a box (or two) by SPACE & time is always a convenience. We can also store everything during the holiday period or when you move elsewhere.
City of London University offers various accommodation options both for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Studies. A number of halls is offered exclusively to first year students, so you will find it useful to have SPACE & time packing and storing services at hand as you move on with your studies.
Undergraduate Accommodation Options
- Liberty Court, offers accommodation exclusively to first year students. It is located in the Smithfield District.
- Liberty Hall, also offers accommodation to first year students. It is located by the City Road Basin in the area of Islington and Clerkenwell.
- Garden Halls, is an intercollegiate hall, offering housing to first year undergraduate students only. They are located at Kings Cross, approximately 25 minutes by public transport, and 30 minutes by foot to City, University of London’s Northampton Square campus.
- Liberty House, is offered to undergraduate students in conjunction with Liberty Living, a third-party housing provider. Liberty House is situated on Sebastian Street in the area of Islington and Clerkenwell, within walking distance from the University’s teaching facilities.
- iQ City, is a service provided to students by iQ Student Accommodation, a third party housing provider. It is situated in the area of Clerkenwell, and it is ideal for students studying both at the main campus in Northampton Square and at Cass Business School as it is within easy walking distance of all the University’s teaching facilities.
Postgraduate Accommodation Options
- Alliance House, is offered to students by social landlord Sanctuary Students. It is located just off Newington Green in North London. It is exclusive to City students.
- Willen House offered exclusively to City students by EC1 Residences, a third-party housing provider. Located on Bath Street in the area of Islington and Clerkenwell it is ideal for students studying both at the main City campus and at Cass Business School.
- iQ City is a service provided to both undergraduate and postgraduate students by iQ Student Accommodation, a third party housing provider. It is situated in the area of Clerkenwell, in an ideal location for students studying both at the main campus in Northampton Square and at Cass Business School as it is within easy walking distance of all the University’s teaching facilities.
- Urbanest Hoxton has recently been added to the accommodation options provided by the University. It is located in one of London’s hippest areas, Hoxton.